CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The one about being tested...

If you read my blog entry yesterday, you won't be surprised that I was tested today. When the Lord deals with us about something, and we tell Him we are going to let Him have it, usually, we don't get too far without a little test.

Today is how "far" I got. God pulls no punches.

Letting go IS NOT easy. Often, your natural, sinful self gets in the way. For me, that is usually the case. However, there are exceptions. By exceptions, I mean someone else... someone who seems determined to KEEP you from letting go! LOL. Thankfully, God is faithful. Oh yeah... and "that person" (whoever it is, and in whatever circumstance)... well, God put he/she there just for the purpose of seeing whose understanding you are going to lean on.

Today, I almost fell over while leaning on my own understanding. However, because God is serious about the commitment I made to Him, He provided me with a gentle reminder (and much needed humor) from a good friend, 800mg of ibuprofen, and the good sense to quickly lean the other way.

This evening, as I was praying about the events of the day, the thought of God hemming me in brought comfort... and these words... which turned into a song in my heart:

You see
You see who I am and what I've done
Though You've never turned away...
Stirred my heart, I wanna stay
In Your arms

You know
You know why I'm driven to my knees
Lord, my days are in Your sight...
None to fear, there's only light
In Your arms

You hear
You hear every cry of this child's heart
I've no reason to despair...
Letting go... I cast my cares
In Your arms

In Your arms
There is meaning, there is grace
There is strength to run the race
I was made for this embrace
In Your arms

Because of today's test, I have hope for tomorrow. More than yesterday.

0 comments: