CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 29, 2008

The one about "creative" clutter?

In my last post, I mentioned a unique contest - the brainchild of my friend, Melanie. It is ingeniously called "The Creative Clutter Collector's Contest." I say ingenious because the word "creative" isn't your typical adjective for "clutter." Now, thanks to Melanie, all of us may feel guiltless about our accumulation of stuff!

Initially, I didn't consider myself much of a collector. Why? I don't like clutter, and I love getting rid of stuff. However, there are a few things I have an affinity for. And, whether by gifts I've received or thrift store bargains, I seem to have become somewhat of a collector... pretty much without noticing!

So... I decided I would use my newly discovered collections as the focus of this post. They're not very original, or unusual, or intriguing... but they are mine!

GIRAFFES!

A gift from a friend in Ethiopia.



A beautiful hand-carved candle!



A cuddly Christmas gift from Collin!



My first giraffe! I bought this in 2004, at an "old town" store along the Mississippi River in Illinois. My dad, Collin and I were visiting family. I don't think I could ever part with it!



A well-meaning relative went overboard one holiday season, and bought me a lot of giraffe stuff. My OCD kicks in when too many things accumulate, so this is one of five gifts I kept. I knew I had to keep at least one (shhh, don't tell anyone... LOL)!



I do not have a picture of my smallest giraffe. It is hand-carved and fits in the palm of your hand. I can't find it... but I'm sure either our cat, or our rabbit, knows where it is.

STARS (Until now, I'd never taken an inventory of my stars)!



And, uh, CATS...

Below, the first photo shows one of my stars, as well as two cats. My creative cat collection total is three (that may be enough)...




And, uh, COFFEE!

My love of coffee is no secret... but here is proof:





It is very important to get an up-close view of this one...

(Yes, of course, Starbucks!)

Well, this was fun! Thanks for idea, Mel. Though, now, I must get to some de-cluttering!

0 comments: