CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 1, 2009

The one about my 10-year-old driver!

Okay. Not exactly, but I will get to that.

I see it has been almost two months since last I blogged, and that's ok. Well, except for the fact that there have been so many things to blog about, it being the holidays and all, and not enough time to blog about them... it being the holidays and all.

Anyway, on December 13th my most favorite person in the world turned 10! I can barely believe the happiest decade of my life have flown by so quickly... but it has, and I have a tall, handsome, 10-year-old son to prove it. Oh, there are so many pictures, and funny stories, and hilarious video (thanks Beth!) of Collin's birthday that beg to be blogged about and posted if only I had the time. It was a wonderdul day... and the boy is up to his neck in Legos. I'd like to revisit the celebration some point soon. I also hope to do a little stroll down memory lane celebrating all that is my most cherished relation (those cute baby and toddler photos beckon)!

Additionally, Christmas was wonderful. I, too, had a great brithday despite the fact that I didn't feel very well. Collin surprised me with very thoughtful Christmas and birthday gifts I couldn't have anticipated (I correctly guessed at only one). God has placed in him a talent for being attentive to the likes and individuality of those around him! If Jesus tarries, a wife will treasure that about him!

Now, as to the title of this blog I must say, no, I haven't let Collin drive my car (or anyone else's car for the matter)! However, I think it right to assume that he may be ready. You see, one of the guys in Victory Home's apprenticeship program recently went to reinstate his driver's license. He failed the driver's test miserably. Then he went back, passed the test, and has had the privilege of driving restored. Paul E. (a co-worker and friend) is also looking to reinstate his license, so he visited the online driver's test for preparation. He and Jeremy (a co-worker and friend), who rightly believe Collin to be a very bright child (I am his mother, I can say that), thought it would be a hoot to have him take the test, too... though, they weren't expecting the results! Both Jeremy and Paul came to my office to exclaim, "Collin took the same test (the VH guy) failed and got them all right!" Now I don't know which I should be more concerned about... a driver certification test that is so easy my 10-year-old can pass, or sharing the road with a near-40-year-old driver who failed the same test the first time!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

...I awarded you :)